Mediterranean Dialogues I
- Identification of the best people and networks to work with.
- Identification of existing practices to build upon on national and regional level.
- Assessment of the present situation and current needs of history educators
- Discuss what the priorities should be for follow up activities.
- Bring the various actors who work on history education and North-South cooperation (ALESCO, Anna Lindh Foundation, North-South Center of the Open Society Institute, and UNESCO) together to streamline activities and policies.
For the participants:
- Skills and competences for innovative and responsible history education.
- Contacts with peers from Europe and key organisations for history education and North-South cooperation.
- A voice in the priority setting of future activities for their respective countries.
- Results of the survey
- Results of the round table
- Experiences with colleagues MENA
For all stakeholders:
- Access to information
Joke van der Leeuw-Roord, EUROCLIO Executive Director
Jonathan Even-Zohar, EUROCLIO Senior Manager
Steven Stegers, EUROCLIO Senior Manager
Aysel Gojayeva, EUROCLIO Project Manager
Samira ALAYAN, Senior Researcher, Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research, Palestine/Germany
Roman CHAPLAK, Deputy to the Executive Director, the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe
Nourhan SALEH, Coordinator, Department of The Dialogue of Civilizations- League of Arab States
Semih AKTEKIN, Faith Facukty of Education, Karadeniz Technical University, Turkey
Said BAHAJIN, Researcher in UNESCO Chair of philosophy for Peace, Jaume I University in Spain
Mira BIBITKO, history teacher, Rishon-Le-Zion in Israel
Youssef BOU ANTOUN, History Teacher for 7th to 11th grade, Zahrat El-Ihsan in Beirut
Massoud DAHER, professor, Lebanese University
Ofelia GADZEVSKA, Head of the Social Studies Department, Modern American School of Egypt 2000
Souad HALILA, Assistant Professor of History and Cultural Studies, University of Tunis Al-Manar
Nayla Khodr HAMADEH, education specialist, Educational Resources Center at International College (IC)
Sandra KALNIETE, European Parliament Member
Kariman MANGO, IB Route 1: European and Medieval Islamic History Teacher
Khalil MAKARI, learning mentor, Centre for Lebanese Studies at Oxford University
Abderrazak MORJANI, Educator, Moroccan Centre for Civic Education
Prof. Nurit PELED-ALHANAN, Lecturer in Language Education, Faculty of Education, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Eman QARA’EEN, educational project manager, Jordan Education Initiative
Tharwat Gaid SALAMA, Educator, Area Manager, Coptic Orphans
Maha SHUAYB, Senior Fellow, Centre for Lebanese Studies, University of Cambridge
Roi SILBERBERG, educator, Zochrot organization
Anna VEEDER, Project Development Manager, Emek Shaveh