The 4th phase of the DSI project - DSI4 - will continue the work and further develop the outcomes of the previous phases of the Europeana Digital Service Infrastructure project. EUROCLIO and Europeana will work together to improve the discoverability of both Historiana and Europeana websites, particularly developing a new homepage for Historiana. Also in this phase 24 new source collections and related eLearning activities, using content from the Europeana Collections, will be added to the Historiana eLearning Environment. EUROCLIO and Europeana will also updated Teacher Training Package developed in the previous phase of the project with the new educational material developed in this phase, and provide Teacher Trainings, both online and offline, using its updated version. This training will allow to directly train teachers with Historiana, and will give EUROCLIO the possibility to have a direct feedback from history educator, to take into consideration for future developments of both Historiana and the Teacher Training Package.
The project will aim to facilitate the optimization of Europeana and Historiana resources in history education, and in particular the project aims for:
- The re-use of sources from Europeana Collecions to create new source collections for Historiana eLearning environment;
- The creation of new eLearning activities for Historiana eLearning environment using the sources collected in the project;
- Provide teacher trainings and workshops using Historiana and the Teacher Training Package
- Improve the discoverability of both Europeana and Historiana
- Reach out and link better to history educators who search for source collections online
The consortium will work in the project to develop the following outputs: