Armenian Center for Democratic Education (CIVITAS)
Armenian Center for Democratic Education-CIVITAS
Our main beneficiaries are:
- Social Science teachers,
- School district leaders,
- Active members,
- Experts on human rights and democracy,
- Decision makers in the education sector,
- Civil society representatives,
Our goals and objectives are:
- promote educational reforms,
- support for public education policy and decision-making,
- Teachers enhance and deepen the learning process and learning, capacity and skills,
- to promote the educational level of students,
- to promote the education of children and youth, healthy living culture,
- deepen students’ knowledge and skills and world history studies, legal, economic, and ideological issues.
- contribute to the development of democracy and civil society;
- increase students’ commitment to democracy and its fundamental values.
- promoting and strengthening school and community involvement in the educational process of the students in the study and solution of community problems;
- promote human rights and environmental education,
- support for vulnerable groups, children with special educational needs and interests of the right to education,
- to promote social, civic education, electoral rights, gender and media education,
- implement educational and public programs that promote leadership, responsibility, peace, tolerance, principles of development, conflict management, trafficking and AIDS / HIV fight,
- implement educational and social studies.
ProjectsNot currently involved in any EUROCLIO projects.
October 1, 2015 Project Citizen Follow-Up Training for Social Studies Teachers
April 25, 2014 Early Spring Mission of “Sharing History” Mentors to Yerevan