Office Administrator at the EuroClio Secretariat
EuroClio – European Association for History Educators is currently looking for a part-time Office Administrator to support the Secretariat in The Hague, The Netherlands.
EuroClio is an international NGO active in more than 50 countries and maintains a network of more than 25 thousand history, citizenship and heritage education professionals around the globe. Our mission is to inspire and empower educators to engage learners in innovative and responsible history and civics education. Through transnational collaboration within a network of more than 80 Member Associations, and together with educators, education professionals, researchers and other stakeholders, EuroClio implements a range of different initiatives focusing on the development of educational resources as well as professional development and capacity building opportunities for history and citizenship educators.
The Secretariat currently consists of six staff members, forming a young and dynamic team in a fastly moving work environment. In support of the day-to-day operations of the Secretariat, we are looking for an Office Administrator for 0.4 fte, starting ideally from 1 September 2022 or per direct.
Your role would include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Overseeing the financial administration of the Secretariat, including the processing of receipts and payments, maintaining the liquidity overview, and monitoring expenses of the organisation;
- Supporting Project Managers with the financial administration of different projects, including support with financial reporting, together with Staff and our bookkeeper;
- Assist with the management of the annual audit;
- Contribute to procedural improvements and monitor the compliance of internal policies such as our Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and Travel Policy;
- To arrange travel and stay of foreign guests visiting the Secretariat;
- Make service contracts and keep track of the contracts overview;
- Tracking of our Key Performance Indicators;
- Keeping internal track records up to date, such as the Events List, including keeping our Customer Relations Management (Insightly) up to date;
- Office maintenance, including liaison with the landlord and overseeing the trainee responsibilities of ordering office supplies and recycling;
- Participating and minute taking in weekly staff meetings.
An Office Administrator must
- Hold a HBO Diploma or applied degree in management, public administration, business administration, financial management or any other related field.
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic work environment, in which being flexible and is able to switch between tasks swiftly;
- Be accurate and detail-oriented;
- Have a minimum of two years of experience (more is preferred) in a similar role, ideally at an international NGO or international organisation;
- Be a fluent or near native speaker of Dutch;
- Have fluency in English;
- Be based in The Netherlands (or willing to move);
- Have experience with and understanding of financial reportage procedures relating to different grant agreements and funding schemes, especially financial reportage for projects funded by the European Union;
- A third language besides English and Dutch is a strong asset;
- Legal background to make and read partner agreements to ensure compliance with international regulations.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. In case of equal qualifications and profile, preference will be given to the candidate that will contribute to the diversity of the EuroClio Secretariat.
What does EuroClio offer?
EuroClio will offer a vibrant and international work environment in which you will be working with an energetic team of Staff and Trainees. You will be offered a one year contract, with the intention to renew and a gross salary ranging from € 2.269,32 to € € 2.949,19 based on full time employment, with 8% Holiday payment and 8.3% End of Year Payment (‘’dertiende maand)’’, following the Dutch CAO Rijk scale 6 tariff. You will also be offered a work laptop, work phone and travel allowance, if needed.
The position will be based in The Hague. Please note that for this position a legal trial period of one month applies.
To apply for this position, please send your Letter of Motivation, your CV and references to Eugenie Khatschatrian at email@example.com by 15 August 2022. Interviews will be held in the week of 22 August. The outcome will be communicated no later than 26 August. As part of the interview we will present several scenarios.
The selection will be based on the level of experience, motivation and additional assets.
Please note that references might be consulted.