About the position
The Centre is seeking an outstanding education professional to support the implementation and expansion of a new and growing portfolio of programming. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to overall program strategy and design, build relationships and accelerate the Centre’s work in Canada and internationally.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, resourceful, strategic leader whose intellectual depth and agility will enhance the impact of the Global Centre for Pluralism. They will be committed to the values of pluralism as a positive response to diversity and ideally have lived experiences of diversity and pluralism. Specifically, the ideal candidate will have:
• 7+ years (Program Manager) or 12+ years (Senior Program Manager) of demonstrated success working in the education sector internationally, with experience in both developing and developed country contexts
• A Master’s level degree or a combination of training and experience related to the position
• Experience developing partnerships with key actors in education internationally and at multiple entry-points in the sector (community organizations, professional associations, tertiary, through to policy)
• Broad experience and understanding of best practice in pedagogy, curriculum development and assessment
• Demonstrated commitment to issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion in education
• Experience and/or familiarity with training educators and approaches to teaching students at primary and/or secondary levels.
• Familiarity with education donors and experience in securing and managing funding for education programming (proposal writing, grant management) in an international, non-profit, policy research or developing country context
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English
• Fluency in English is required; fluency in French highly desirable; working proficiency in Spanish or Arabic, an asset.
Application deadline 10 March
More info at the webpage of the Global Centre for Pluralism