EuroClio is hosting a youth video challenge on Instagram to collect voices from young people aged 14-20 about why democracy matters, running from September 15 to October 31, 2021.
The goal of the campaign is to activate a conversation among diverse youth in Europe on the importance of democracy, and to find out how to better present core concepts, values and competencies of democracy to youth today.
- Video length: 1 minute
- Platform: Instagram
- It can be done individually or in groups of 3 people (teachers can also take part in the video)
- For the use of images, please make sure that they are not copyrighted, and the same applies for the songs.
- The video can be in horizontal format, or vertical in the case of reels.
- The language of the video can be in any language, but it must contain English subtitles or captions (e.g. Clideo or Adobe Spark).
For the video, students are free to use their imagination and present in whichever way they want. For example, they can opt for an interview format, presentation or a voiceover.
Some questions you may want to address:
- What does democracy mean to you?
- Why democracy matters?
- What do you think are the current challenges for democracy today?
- What do you think are possible solutions to those challenges?
- Why is democracy worth fighting for?
When uploading the video, remember to:
- Say your name and / or your school
- Add in the post #youthfordemocracy
- Tag @euroclio
We will select between 1 and 5 winners. The winning video will be featured in our website and social media channels, and we are in contact with partners and museums for more promotion!
Still have any questions?
We’re here to help! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org