The histoCON 2020 combines two events for two different target groups in one location: the„Newcomers“, and the „Young Professionals“. The explicit intention of the histoCON 2020 is not only to commemorate World War II but also to consider the implications for the present and future. Our event will be subdivided into three focal points concentrating on “After the Holocaust”, “Global Memories of War” and “Hopes for Peace, Liberty and Human Rights”.
They are looking for:
Workshops in various formats such as fishbowls, panel discussions, lectures, open spaces, cultural and artistic workshops, excursions, city tours etc. as well as proposals for the Cultural Side Program such as readings, film screenings, concerts, theatre performances, art performances, dance performances etc.
- that focus on one of the three topics of the concept paper
- which are aimed at one or more target groups from the concept paper
- which especially contribute transnational / transregional perspectives
- which use notably interactive / innovative / creative methods
- which use English as working language