Football. A People's History of Europe
Engaging History Education through memories and legacies of Europe’s favorite sport
The project mobilises history educators, football historians, pedagogy experts, education policy makers, community workers and football stakeholders to work together to deliver innovative teaching and learning materials. This is achieved through collaborative design work and piloting. Historical content and educational resources will be made available for use on the Historiana website.
- To include marginalised youth in Europe by building historical consciousness for a sense of belonging locally and transnationally.
- To promote empathy and intercultural dialogue among students, teachers and school leadership in vocational education through the societal power of football and history.
- To advocate the need for relevance of the history taught to the students themselves to politicians and policy makers on national levels.
- Educational resources that explore the history of Europe through football for Historiana platform.
- Iconic Matches case studies that develop historical understanding, critical thinking and citizenship skills.
- Football Kit for transferable activities to be applied in local circumstances.
Gisela Becker, Paolo Ceccoli, Denver Charles, Lars Henriksen, Luis Horrillo, Igor Jovanovic, Hrvoje Klasic, Martin Liepach, Thomas Notz, Chris Rowe, Matthias Thoma, Barnabás Vajda, Milos Vukanovic, Dejan Zec