24th EUROCLIO Annual Conference 2017: Intersections – San Sebastian, Spain
April 2 - April 7€65.00 - €520.00
How Can History Education Change Today?
The 24th EUROCLIO Annual Conference Professional Development Training "Intersections: How Can History Education Change Today?" will take place on 2 - 7 April 2017, in San Sebastián, Spain. The conference will be co-organized by the Spanish Association of History and Geography Teachers (AEPHG) and the Basque Network of Schools (Ikastolen Elkartera).
Important Programme Features
- Prominent speakers debating controversial histories that are still a challenge for Spain. How are these controversies reflected in politics and history education today?
- Key note reflecting on "Where does local history end and global history start?"
- Young people engaging: learning history by doing: An active session to look at cases of civic engagement by students and teachers in dealing with past and present outside their classrooms and engaging in in-depth discussions. In cooperation with EUSTORY Iberian Competition.
- Society dealing with the past in history education: finding out about the role of civil society initiatives in international network during the panel discussion.
- Contributing to the position of history education: EUROCLIO supports the Council of Europe Inter-Governmental project “Quality History Education for the 21st Century” in a World Café that offers an opportunity to set the agenda for the future.
- Experiencing education in practice: Visiting primary and secondary schools, teacher training institutes, vocational schools to observe local educational practices.
- Accessing innovative resources: Relaunch of Historiana, including new online learning activities and resources from projects.
- Learning outside the conference room: taking a closer look at peace education and historic themes at Gernika Peace Museum, visit Europe’s oldest parliament and Gogora Remembrance Square.
Fees and Accommodation
|Full Conference (6 days)||€ 520*|
*Ticket includes coffee breaks, lunch, dinner, and all activities.
|Sunday 2nd of April||€65*|
|Monday 3rd of April||€96|
|Tuesday 4th of April||€96|
|Wednesday 5th of April||€96|
|Thursday 6th of april||€96|
|Friday 7th of april||€96|
All tickets include coffee breaks, lunch, dinner, and all activities.
* The opening day includes dinner, drinks, and all activities.
Flights and accommodation should be arranged by participants. List of recommended options can be found in a pdf below.
San Sebastian has two international airports near by. Bilbao Airport has connections to all Europe and regular 45 min. bus connection to San Sebastian. Biarritz Airport, with some international flights is 50 km from San Sebastian. San Sebastian Airport has connections to the major Spanish cities.
Registration for the Annual Conference is still possible. Please register via Eventbrite (see below). If you do not wish to pay directly via PayPal, but would like to receive an invoice instead, please click "Show other payment options". Then click the button "Pay Offline" to complete the registration form. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with further instructions.