With funding from the Norwegian Embassy of Kosovo and in close partnership with the History Teachers Association of Kosovo (SHMHK), EUROCLIO – The European Association of History Educators, aims to support the implementation of the Kosovo Core Curriculum and specifically the Learning Area “Society and Environment”, of which the subject ‘History’ is a part. The project, entitled ‘History Matters'; will help to increase the professional capacities of teachers, curriculum developers and textbook authors, enabling them to actively contribute to the process of reform within the context of a strengthening professional network facilitated by SHMHK.
- Support the Implementation of the Kosovo Curriculum Framework for History by providing in-service teacher training for History Educators.
- Improve the quality of the new History Syllabi by networking among the educators, academics, the curriculum and textbook developers.
- Promote History Educators ownership of changing approaches to history education.
- 100 History Educators connected online and able to share resources on a daily basis.
- Ability to implement (history) core curriculum competence-based learning outcomes through inquiry-based source work.
- Core Group of Trainers able to train their colleagues on usage of new approaches and methods in history education.
Jonathan Even-Zohar, EUROCLIO Director
Dr. Martin Liepach
Maria Louisa de Bivar Black