The Fare Network, a partner of our Football Makes History project is organizing a movement to help fight inequality – the #FootballPeople weeks. This event unites supporters, players, clubs, minority groups, and communities alike to support equality and inclusion. The #FootballPeople weeks will take place between 8 and 22 October 2020.
This is the largest social change campaign in football. It will unite over 150,000 people together to advocate against social injustices such as racism, sexism, homophobia, and support inclusion, diversity, and social change with more than 2,000 events in over 50 countries.
The Fare Network is now offering grants up to €500 for both large and small organizations so they may hold related activities during the #FootballPeople weeks. The deadline to apply is 31 August 2020. You may be inspired to hold an activity related to the #Blacklivesmatter movement, the #METOO movement, or about a chosen ethnic minority. Other activities include:
• Host an online discussion or networking event
• Organise an e-sports tournament
• Put on a socially distanced football tournament
• Produce educational materials for your school
• Celebrate minority players in football
• Give football taster sessions to women or girls who do not already play football
Also, we are pleased to announce the Fare Network has released a new educational resource kit! This can be used to educate young people between 14 and 18 against discrimination and celebrate difference! The educational materials are designed for teachers in schools, NGO’s and youth clubs who want to discuss the topic of anti-discrimination in the classroom.
- For more information about the grant click here.
- Grant application form.
- Join the #FootballPeople movement.