HISTORY EDUCATION BEYOND BORDERS
HOW CAN WE SHARE OUR CULTURAL HERITAGE?
Registration for the 21st EUROCLIO Annual Conference Professional Development and Training Course is OPEN now. GRANTS are available.
EUROCLIO is happy to launch registrations for its Spring Annual Conference which takes place between 31 March and 6 April in the Macedonian city of Ohrid in the heart of the Balkans. Grants are available for educators from eligible countries. These grants will cover your costs to travel and to stay during the conference. All you need to do is contact your national agency and apply before 17/09/2013.
You are invited to come and experience a professional training course with around 200 history, heritage, citizenship educators from all over Europe and beyond, explore rich & challenging history of Balkans, engage yourself in important discussions around multiperspective approach to History and Heritage in Republic of Macedonia and History Education beyond Borders in Europe and the World and address the shared and layered
heritage around Ohrid locally and in the wider region.
…and this is not all!
Following a constructive discussion at the 20th EUROCLIO General Assembly, held on April 12th in Erfurt, Germany, the members of EUROCLIO agreed to publically react to the proposed National Curriculum of UK Education Minister Gove (p165-169). The consultation was officially submitted to the Ministry on April 17th and taken as part of the official consultation. Click read more below to access the full reply of EUROCLIO. The Association trusts its reaction will be noticed and looks forward to the next steps.
- Registration for Annual Conference 2014 starts after may organisation meeting
- Open Society Foundations support Workshop on Civil War, 18-19 June, Beirut, Lebanon
- EUROCLIO Advising Partner and Active Contributor at the KAICIID Conference on "The Image of the Other"
- Making the case for lifelong and life-wide learning in Europe at EUCIS-LLL Annual Conference
- Co-Creation Workshop “History Education Beyond the Textbook”, May 14, The Hague
- Cross-Border Cooperation at Work within EUROCLIO project ‘Sharing History, Cultural Dialogues’
- High quality teachers are multipliers and have high impact with their work
- Board appoints new Executive Director and Deputy-Director to assume positions in October 2013