Public Union of Azerbaijan History Educators
Azerbaycan Tarixçiləri İçtimai Birliyi
The Public Union of Azerbaijan History Educators was founded in 2009 and currently has over 300 members. Among its main aims are to assist teachers in improving their professional skills and knowledge, to develop and disseminate innovative teaching materials and methodologies, and to reduce tensions between the countries of the South Caucasus through promoting cooperation and objective approaches to history and heritage education. The Public Union History Educators (Azerbaijan) and its partners, among them EUROCLIO, conduct many activities such as joint international projects, training events, research, and publishing. The Public Union History Educators (Azerbaijan) holds monthly round-tables and press conferences.
The objectives of the Union are as following:
- To provide common investigation in South Caucasus for historical learning of the region by history teachers.
- To diminish tensions among countries and accepting the countries without post historical pain in the region of South Caucasus.
- To enlarge knowledge of history teachers and their educational abilities.
- To write methodical innovations of historical reconnaissance and training.
- Restoration of memorials of Azerbaijan history.
- Publication of information bulletin, methodical resources and analytical articles of Azerbaijan history.
- To prepare teaching and methodical aids of historical map Azerbaijan Republic.
ProjectsNot currently involved in any EUROCLIO projects.
December 24, 2015 EUROCLIO Presents its First Publication on Culture in the Black Sea
November 18, 2012 Over 50 Educators at the First Regional Seminar of “Sharing History”