Stability Pact Project 2003
To promote and support the development of a Regional History Education Network in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Serbia, and to identify ways ahead for school history strengthening Peace, Stability and Democracy
- To enhance the quality of history education in Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia.
- To enhance national and international cooperation, communication and network on the learning and teaching in Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia and abroad.
- To professionalize History Teachers and setting up a History Teachers Organisation.
- Growing awareness for the need of innovative history curricula respecting diversity in society.
- A growing group of updated trained trainers and teachers.
- A growing international dimension in history education.
- Growing capacities through implementing democratic skills and practice in history education.
- Growing use of information and communication technology in history education.
- A growing network of history educators in Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia willing to take their share and responsibility for peace and stability in Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia.
- Increased awareness among history educators about the diversity in society.
- Enriched national and international cooperation and understanding.
- A growing and active professional network of history educators.
- Starting to develop independent, active and professional history educators’ organisations in Bosnia and Croatia.
- Starting to develop sustainable Associations able to take responsibility and ownership on a national and/or regional level.
- Starting to develop professional skills and use of information and communication technology of history educators.
The final report can be found here: Final Report Yugoslavia PDF- EN
Edin Veladzic (Institute for History),
Vera Katz (Institute for History),
Husnija Kamberovic (Institute for History),
Lotte Schou (Denmark),
Zvezdana Marcic-Matosevic (BiH),
Thomas Notz (Switzerland),
Suzana Pesorda (Croatia),
Ljiljana Lazarevic (Serbia),
Jasmina Djorjevic (Montenegro),
Mire Mladenovski (Macedonia).
Joke van der Leeuw-Roord, EUROCLIO Executive Director
Lieke van Wijk, EUROCLIO Project Manager
Jelka Razpotnik, EUROCLIO Board Member and Project Coordinator